Deferred Action

Our organization offers assistance filing applications and renewals for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). This is an option for those that arrived to the United States prior to their 16th birthday and have lived here for a continuation of years.  With this application, children that came to the states without proper documentation can get their work permit and continue their education. ALCES has helped countless people apply for DACA and has also been able to make corrections to applications that were misfiled.

We not only experience high approval rates among first time applicants, but also among those that resubmit paper work that was mishandled by others.

Apply for DACA for the First Time

Materials Needed:

To apply for Deferred Action for the first time, you will need several personal documents to prove your identity, personal data and addresses during the years 2007-2015. Examples of appropriate documents include, but are not limited to:

  • Medical Records (including dentist, clinic, or ER visits)
  • Birth Certificates (with a notarized translation into English)
  • Tax returns, paychecks, or pay stubs
  • Student records for each school attended
  • Passports
  • Utility bills or traffic tickets with your name and address
  • Police or court records for minor/misdemeanor charges

You will also need:

  • 2 passport-sized photos


  • $465 in a money order for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and
  • $200 to pay ALCES for filing assistance

For More Information:

  • Visit the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website:
  • To make an appointment to prepare an application, please contact us at (706) 549-5002 or

DACA Renewals

Materials Needed:

You will need to bring copies of your original supporting documents (from the first application), along with any new ones that you have acquired in the past two years. These include:

  • Work Authorization Card
  • Social Security Card
  • Driver’s License
  • Letters from U.S.C.I.S.
  • Proofs of address
  • New School Documents
  • Police Records
  • Changes of Address


  • $465 in a check or money order for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and
  • $100 in cash or check to pay ALCES for filing assistance
  • $0.10 per page for copies of application packet on file at ALCES (optional)